How to deal with sound problems in Toshiba Mini Notebook Nb300
People buy laptops for various reasons. Some look for style and portability while others go for graphics and sound quality. The second most appealing feature for an average user of a laptop is sound quality. Take for instance Toshiba NB300. This is arguably the most stylish and portable laptop that comes loaded with various features. Like any laptop the sound on this laptop is also enabled via sound card and the driver. This enables the audio output from the device. It helps to give great audio output from the device. It is responsible for playing music, videos and run other applications that are audio enabled.
If there are issues with sound card or drivers then audio output is hampered. This often leaves the user perplexed. Also resolving this issue is another problem that the user has to encounter.
Let us find out the possible reasons behind these issues:
Issues with sound
This includes issues like no audio output, improper and poor quality of sound, audio hardware malfunctions. There might be issues with speakers and connectivity cables. The problem might also lie with audio driver corruption or a missing drive file.
To begin with there are a few steps that you can perform. However you must remember that undertaking these steps will only help in resolving minor sound problems.
1. Plug your headphones into the headphone jack and check the sound. If you can hear sound on the headphones, then the only problem is with your speaker
2. Performing an audio check: Open the sound panel in Windows. In the lower right hand corner, look for a round icon that looks like an uncovered speaker. Double click on this. Turn on the sound and ensure the Mute box is unchecked. Check the sound. If the problem persists then proceed to Step 3.
3. Steps for resolving audio issues:
(a) Click ‘Start’
(b) Click ‘Control Panel’
(c) Double click ‘System’
(d) Click ‘Hardware’
(e) Open the device manager, then double click on ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers’.
(f) Right click Audio Codecs, and click ‘Properties’ to check if it is working properly.
Even after performing the above mentioned steps, the problem persists then you need to get in touch with premium computer support providers.
A technical expert will help you with:
· Troubleshooting audio driver issues
· Suggest the right hardware for operating system compatibility
· Help install drivers and missing files
All these issues can be taken care and resolved by a technical expert who will readily provide computer support 24x7x365.
As a senior tech support engineer at Qresolve.com Brandon Malcolm Smith has been offering